Private + Instrument + Commercial Combo - DIY Tabs for FAR/AIM 2024
- Regular price
- $49.99 USD
- Regular price
- Sale price
- $49.99 USD
- Unit price
Studying for your Private Pilot License, Instrument Rating and/or Commercial Certificate? Have you ever wondered how to tab your far aim? These professional, durable tabs are pre-printed with easy to follow directions so you can easily place them in your far aim!
- 75 printed, durable, brightly colored, legible tabs
- Each tab highlights points of focus from the ASA's own suggested study list.
- Dot stickers that color correspond to your tabs so that you can highlight the exact regulation you need. Its easy to get lost in the FAR/AIM- even when you're on the right page! Keep your eyes from wandering by pairing each tab with a corresponding dot!
- A page that tells you where to put each tab on so that you don't waste precious time flipping through the pages looking for the right regulations*
- Is there a problem with your order? Let us know within 30-days and get your money back! This item may be subject to exceptions. Refer to our return/exchange policy for more information.
What do the colors mean?
Each copy of the DIY Private Pilot Tabs will come with a color guide that details how to interpret each color used on these tabs. The tabs are color coded by Private Pilot regulations, Instrument regulations, Commercial regulations and AIM Chapters. Two-Toned tabs are used when two or more tabs are on the same page. This makes finding individual regulations easier when they are on the same page.
What is tabbed out?
The tabs are created from ASA’s suggested study list (found in the FAR/AIM itself). Not every single regulation found on the list is tabbed out (in order to prevent overcrowding the book with tabs). Instead, the most important and commonly focused-on regulations have been tabbed.
**Not pictured; page numbers based on ASA FAR/AIM
***FAR/AIM book not included
Item added to your cart
I have to admit I thought the product included the FAR/AIM. Paying $49 for stickers alone seems pricey. But when I received them I have to admit, they’re very good looking and should make using the FAR/AIM as a reference much easier.
Thank you for advising me on which tabbed FAR/AIM book to purchase and getting it to me in a few days!
Well made and easy to apply. These are exactly what I needed to make referencing my FAR/AIM a breeze.
I received the DIY tabs and they were perfect. I put them in my new Far aim and they look so professional. Thank you
Having pre-labeled tabs, as well as a page number guide, certainly saved me a lot of time and frustration. The installation instructions are personable— straight from the people that work hard to make the pre-tabbed FAR/AIMs. The one feature I was dissatisfied with was the fact that all the tabs are in random coloration, and it seems they do not coordinate. I really wish I could tell enough of a difference between the PPL, Instrument, and Commercial tabs. As someone studying for their PPL first, my hope was to be able to install each set at a time. Unfortunately all the tabs are mixed in, and color doesn’t seem to matter. Nonetheless, it is better than nothing, and I appreciate the great effort taken to make tabbing my book easier. North Star certainly did aid in that.