Pre-Order 2023 - Private + Instrument + Commercial - Pre-Tabbed FAR/AIM
- Regular price
- $109.99 USD
- Regular price
- Sale price
- $109.99 USD
- Unit price
IMPORTANT PREORDER INFO:
- This is a pre-order product. Shipping is expected to take place Early to Mid November. ASA will begin shipping the FAR/AIM out on Nov. 1.
- If you require a pre-tabbed FAR/AIM sooner, please check out our pre-tabbed Gleim FAR/AIMs. In stock and shipping now.
- You will receive a tracking notice when the item ships out.
- Please be aware that your payment will be captured during the pre-order process.
- Item may not arrive as pictured. The book cover along with the color/shape/style of tabs are subject to change.
- Please direct any specific inquiries to June@NorthstarVFR.com
For Pilots seeking a quick reference guide to commonly referenced Private Pilot & Instrument Rating Regulations.
This pre-tabbed 2023 ASA (Aviation Supplies and Academics) FAR/AIM highlights areas you should become familiar with as you study for your Private, Instrument and Commercial checkrides:
- 75 durable plastic tabs will last in even the most cluttered of flight bags, and will help you study and look like a professional!
- Each tab highlights points of focus from the FAA's own suggested study list.
- Its easy to get lost in the FAR/AIM- even when you're on the right page! Each colored tab has a corresponding colored dot next to the relevant regulation so your eyes don't go wandering when the pressure is on!
- Is there a problem with your order? Let us know within 30-days and get your money back! This item may be subject to exceptions. Refer to our return/exchange policy for more information.
What do the colors mean?
New for 2023, tabs will be color-coded into four main sections. One color for general regulations (for all pilots), another for instrument regulations, another for commercial regulations and finally another for the AIM section of the FAR/AIM.
What is tabbed out?
The tabs are created from ASA’s suggested study list (found in the FAR/AIM itself). Not every single regulation found on the list is tabbed out (in order to prevent overcrowding the book with tabs). Instead, the most important and commonly focused-on regulations have been tabbed.
Item added to your cart
I'm too lazy to make tabs myself. Easy ordering, fast shipping, great product, my CFI likes this too.
Combo Private + Instrument + Commercial - Pre-Tabbed 2022 ASA FAR/AIM
The book arrived quickly and was well protected in the packing materials. I would recommend this vendor. Yes, I’m a real person.
Great product. Time saver, easily look up just about everything you need to. Will buy again.
I tabbed my FAR/AIM like most good student pilots did while going through flight school. I spent hours figuring out which colors depicted which sections and writing (and rewriting) on the tabs in an effort to make them legible and not smeared. Various colored tabs lead me to sections either related to Private Pilot or Instrument. After a couple weeks though, the tabs were pretty bent up and it was difficult to read them; not a good organizational look during phase checks and checkrides. The NAR Pre-Tabbed FAR/AIM not only looks better with the type-font (as opposed to my scribbled ink) but is much more legible, durable, and easy to use.
Another thing I did with other FAR/AIMs was to use highlighters on the text itself. Green, blue, and orange were supposed to help me quickly find excerpts relating to Private Pilot, Instrument, and Commercial, respectively. The biggest issue I had was page integrity. The highlighting would bleed through to the other side of the page and even made the pages weaker. Some pages ended up looking like rainbow sherbet after all the highlighting. The NAR system of using sticker dots that match the color of the tabs quickly draws your eyes to the section marked and appears much cleaner and less busy.
I was not looking forward to spending hours tabbing out another FAR/AIM. This NAR Pre-Tabbed FAR/AIM has simplified an otherwise tedious aspect of flight training. Great Job NAR!